BERLIN – 7 July 2016 – Travelers to Venice can now reserve a trip between the door of Marco Polo Airport and the docks of Venice’s world-famous canals. Blacklane has combined its professional car service with Venice’s iconic water taxis to give travelers an end-to-end trip in a single reservation.
The service is part of Blacklane’s European expansion to three cities: Venice, Italy; Toulouse, France; and Monaco.
Experience Private Rides on the Ground and Water
For Venice airport pickups, drivers meet and greet passengers outside of baggage claim. They drive to Venice’s Piazzale Roma, assist with luggage, and accompany travelers to a private water taxi. The water taxi then docks closest to the travelers’ destination.
For rides to airports, water taxis await passengers at the nearest dock. Drivers then meet and greet passengers at Piazzale Roma to transport them to the airport.
“Venice is one of the world’s most charming cities,” said Jens Wohltorf, CEO and co-founder of Blacklane. “A door-to-dock ride is the stress-free way to get to your hotel or flat and enjoy the city’s allure.”
Three Travel Hubs for Business and Leisure
• Venice is the 30th most visited city in the world, according to Euromonitor International. The University of Venice estimates that 23 million people visit each year. Marco Polo Airport (VCE) is the fifth busiest in Italy, with nearly nine million passengers in 2015. Venice is Blacklane’s fifth city in Italy, joining Florence, Milan, Naples and Rome.
• Toulouse is the center of France’s “Aerospace Valley.” The region employs 130,000 people at companies like Airbus, Thales Group and 400 small and mid-sized businesses. Blagnac Airport handled nearly eight million passengers last year, making it the sixth busiest in France. Blacklane now serves six French cities. The first five were Cannes, Lyon, Marseille, Nice and Paris.
• The micro-state of Monaco on France’s Mediterranean coast hosts 700 events per year. Meetings, incentives, conferences and exhibitions (MICE) travel accounts for 30% of tourism activity, according to the Monaco Convention Bureau.
Blacklane covers 50 countries and 200 cities around the world. Travelers receive:
• High service. Blacklane automatically adjusts airport pickups when arrival times change. All airport and train station pickups include one hour of driver wait time. Travelers receive text and emailed driver contact information an hour before pickup. They can also contact Blacklane’s multilingual 24/7 team by phone, email or social media.
• Transparent, all-inclusive rates when they book. Blacklane’s fixed fares remove extra taxes, fees, tolls and tips. Blacklane’s rates never surge.
• Commercially licensed and insured drivers and vehicles. Blacklane partner companies possess all required permits and operating licenses.
• Business- and first-class vehicles, such Mercedes-Benz E-Class and S-Class sedans and V-Class business vans.
• Guaranteed rides scheduled one hour to months ahead of time.
About Blacklane (blacklane.com) Blacklane conveniently connects passengers with the spare capacities of licensed, regulated and insured professional drivers. Corporate and individual customers can book and schedule rides in over 50 countries around the world. Blacklane guarantees low and all-inclusive fixed rates at the time of the booking with a unique pricing and dispatching algorithm. The company provides a consistently high global standard by combining multilingual 24/7 customer care with real-time service control for tens of thousands of quality cars.